What is a customer satisfaction survey?
Customer Satisfaction Survey In Your Small Business
The goal of a customer satisfaction survey should be to answer Who, What, Why, How, and When. Using this information, the survey can lead to a conclusion that exchanges value for you and the customer.
Example: You would like to receive feedback about the customer’s experience with your products or services, while the customer would like to receive a discount on their next purchase.
What types of answer options should be in the survey?
Keep your customer satisfaction survey easy to complete with these types of answer options:
- Multiple Choice (Numerical or Alphabetical)
- Rating Scale (1 to 5 OR 1 to 10)
- Ranking (Best to Worst)
How many questions should be in a customer satisfaction survey?
Maximize survey completion with a value exchange
What to do after customer survey completion
Great questions to ask in a customer satisfaction survey
Examples of great questions to ask:
- How satisfied are you with the overall quality of our product/service?
- How would you rate the level of customer service you received?
- How likely are you to recommend our product/service to a friend or family member?
- Were all of your expectations met during your experience with our product/service?
- What could we do to improve your experience in the future?
- How was the packaging and delivery of your order?
- Have you purchased from us before? If so, how does this experience compare to your previous experiences?
- Were there any issues or problems with your purchase? If so, please describe them.
- How did you hear about our product/service?
- What is the main reason for your satisfaction/dissatisfaction with our product/service?
Examples of fun questions to ask:
- What came first, the chicken or the egg?
- Who would win in a fight between ____ and ____?
- What is your favorite color?
- Which do you prefer: Chopsticks or a spork?
- How much wood can a woodchuck chuck?
- What one thing would you take with you on a deserted island?
- Which is heavier, a ton of rocks or a ton of feathers?
- How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?
How to create a customer satisfaction survey
Define your objectivesDetermine the purpose of the survey and what specific information or feedback you want to gather from your customers.
Choose the right survey toolEvaluate different survey tools available and select the one that best fits your requirements in terms of features, customization options, and ease of use.
Choosing can be hard, especially when you need a solid solution quickly.
I've made a list of my top 5 customer satisfaction survey tools in the section below.